You need about eight-hour sleep daily (at least 5-6 hours). Too much or little sleep can cause a shorter lifespan. There are several benefits of adequate sleep.
- Your brain rests while you sleep. It helps you to cut your stress, anxiety, depression, and irritability.
- You will feel fresh for next-day work.
- Sleep will improve your performance, mood, concentration and reduce the risk of accidents and injuries throughout the day.
- Your body repairs its own damaged tissues while you sleep. This will increase your lifespan and protect your beauty too.
- The important information is kept in the long-term memory during sleep, improving your memory.
- Sleep cuts the levels of inflammatory chemicals, stress hormones and lowers the risk of heart disease, stroke, diabetes mellitus, arthritis, high blood pressure, and premature aging. Good sleep will improve your immunity too.
- Adequate sleep can increase your lifespan.
- Sleep will help you to have a healthy body weight.
- Human growth hormone, which is important for child growth, is released during deep.
(Photo courtesy: rachel CALAMUSA)